Nordic Culture Point’s vision is that everyone should be able to participate in socio-cultural life on equal terms, which is why we are constantly striving to improve the accessibility of our spaces. If you’re planning to visit our public areas at Kaisaniemekatu 9, it’s worthwhile to remember the following:
- You can be dropped off and picked up at the door on Kaisaniemenkatu by car, but you cannot park. The front door on Kaisaniemenkatu is quite heavy and does not open automatically.
- The closest car park is on Fabianinkatu. The entrance from Fabianinkatu has a short flight of stairs and no lift. The doorway is 85 centimetres wide.
- The entrances from Kaisaniemenkatu and Fabianinkatu also serve as emergency exits.
- There are no steps between the library and the Ting hall.
- We can provide hearing loops to those with hearing impairments in conjunction with events in the Ting hall. Please arrive in good time and find a member of staff in order to borrow a hearing loop.
- The entrance to the toilets is only 70 centimetres wide.
- A defibrillator is located behind the library counter.
- We broadcast some of the events in the Ting hall live on Nordic Culture Point’s website. If the event is being broadcast live, we will notify you by way of a sign at the entrance to the hall.
If you have any questions regarding the accessibility of our public spaces, please contact Henrik Marstrander on +358 10 583 1010.