Nordic Match: Models for an inclusive cultural sector in diverse societies
Between 7 and 10 October, Helsinki will host creative professionals from across the Nordic Region in attempt to solve a common challenge: developing models for an open and accessible cultural sector in which young people can participate, get involved, and have an influence. The Finnish National Theatre’s youth theatre, Kantti, will serve as the Nordic Match network’s local partner and case study.
Nordic Match is a creative network and pop-up think tank that has been initiated and funded by Nordic Culture Point, and which is developed in co-operation with the creative agency Måndag. Six professional Nordic creatives each representing a creative direction have been selected in an open call for applications.
The group will gather in Helsinki to put their heads together in an attempt to solve a pressing social issue, defined by the Finnish National Theatre. As the local partner for this autumn’s Nordic Match week, for three days the National Theatre will be able benefit from the group’s Nordic experiences in its efforts to encourage young people to voluntarily get involved in theatre production and visit the National Theatre. The results will be presented at a public networking event on 10 October.
The participants in the October round of Nordic Match are
- Bára Örk Melsted (Iceland) – visual artist, writer, and social activist within the performing arts
- Leanna Lunde (Norway) – social artist with a background in theatre and film production
- Lina Linde (Sweden) – transmedia producer and artist in the film industry
- Linh Duong (Finland) – master’s student in strategic design with a focus on social sustainability
- Margaux Gillet (Denmark) – experienced project manager in the creative industries and education
- Mete Sasioglu (Finland) – film producer with a focus on the inclusion of newly-arrived immigrants
Don’t miss out on this:
- Monday 7 October, 18:00: Young people and participation in the Nordic countries – meet the participants of Nordic Match at Nordic Culture Point (Kaisaniemenkatu 9, Helsinki)
- Thursday 10 October, 18:00: Nordic Match networking event – public networking event with a presentation of the results of Nordic Match on the Omapohja stage of the National Theatre (Teatterikuja 3C, Helsinki)