Exhibition: Art Agenda 2030 – For the future! – CANCELLED
29.9.2022 17:00 to 14.10.2022 17:00
Nordic Culture Point, Suomenlinna B28, Helsinki, Finland
CANCELLED DUE TO ILLNESS
Vernissage, Thursday 29 September 2022 from 17:00 to 19:00
Exhibition period from 30 September to 14 October 2022 at Nordic Culture Point, Suomenlinna, B28
Open Wednesdays to Fridays from 12:00 to 17:00, Saturdays from 12:00 to 16:00
In the spring of 2022 Art Agenda organised an open call for Nordic children and young people, for the purpose of finding works of art which expressed the children and young people’s own thoughts about sustainability and the future.
Many applications were received, which present the members of the jury with an unenviable task. The final selection of works forms a fine collection offering an exciting picture of the young artists’ future and their view of where the world is headed. All works relate to one or more of the sustainable development goals in UN Agenda 2030.
Whilst the exhibition is running at Nordic Culture Point in Helsinki, other exhibitions featuring the same and other works will be on display at the Nordic Institute in Åland and at the Nordic Council of Ministers in Copenhagen.
These are the works and artists selected for the exhibition at Suomenlinna:
- The Same Differences (SE) Java Hjelm Hansson
- Planet Earth and its residents (FI) Ia Aikala
- Mahdollisuus (FI) Sylvia Ruusila
- Language of the lake and sea (FI) Li Taiga
- Tartuthan käteeni? (FI) Kuhmon kesätanssijat
- For the future (Åland) Sigrid Dahlsten and Linn Kyllönen
- Conflict within me (FI) Janna Ratavaara
- Sol og Alger (NO) Matilde Wedzicha
- Älskade Systerskap (SE) Smilla Jovine
- Barnets Hus, Husets Barn (NO) Kristine Groven
- Drown (FI) Minna Karhunen