The programme for the evening includes interviews with the authors, readings from their nominated works, and opportunities to mingle with the nominated authors. The event is open to everyone, and we will be serving refreshments and snacks. Please note that the majority of the event will be conducted in Swedish and other Scandinavian languages.
The authors and illustrators participating in the event are as follows:
- Rán Flygenring (Iceland): ”Eldgos”,
- Niels Frank (Denmark): ”Fanden tage dig”,
- Teresa Glad (Sweden): ”Farbröder”,
- Maija Hurme (Finland): ”Kaikki löytämäni viimeiset”,
- Kathrine Nedrejord (Norway): ”Forbryter og straff”,
- Svein Nyhus (Norway): ”Ikke!”,
- Joanna Rubin Dranger (Sweden): ”Ihågkom oss till liv”,
- Vilma Sandnes Johansson (Denmark): ”Tænk ikke på mig”,
- Ellen Strömberg (Finland): ”Vi ska ju bara cykla förbi”.
During the same weekend, you will have the opportunity to meet the nominated authors and illustrators at the Helsinki Book Fair. On Sunday, 29th October, Nordic Culture Point will host three panel discussions at the book fair, moderated by Ylva Perera, Malin Kivelä, and Yukiko Duke. Further information regarding these panel discussions can be found here.
Nordic Culture Point has been granted the EcoCompass environmental certificate. We’re making every endeavour to reduce our carbon footprint, which is why all travel within the organisation is carefully planned. Use public transport when you visit us, and you’ll contribute to a greener cultural scene, too!